History of the Warkworth Branch
The Branch was originally the main branch for Warkworth village and formed after the First World War in 1921. It was given the use in perpituity of a room in the War Memorial Hall on Castle Street, Warkworth for use of branch meetings known as the "Legion Room". The War Memorial Hall was created from public subscriptions as a memorial to the war dead of WW1.
In 2011 the branch became known as Warkworth & Amble District as many more members were from Amble and outlying villages. Membership has increased dramatically since this amalgamation, currently 90
Members marching outside Warkworth Castle in 1920's.