Wehttp://admin.counties.britishlegion.org.uk/umbraco/#tab122lcome to the Torrevieja Branch of The Royal British Legion
The Royal British Legion is internationally renowned for its fund raising activities via a large portfolio of public and private events and activities providing an opportunity for the public and individuals to make donations and gifts to support the Legion's work.
Here is a brief overview of just some of the areas where the donations and gifts have been used:
- £72 million spent helping the Armed Forces community.
- Helping around 160,000 beneficiaries a year.
- Committing £50 million to helping injured, sick and wounded Service people over the next 10 years.
- 11,000 Service personnel in crisis received £6.1million worth of groceries, clothing, furniture and property repairs.
- Helping to write off £18 million of debt.
- Helping to claim £9 million in benefits.
- Awarding £5.6 million in grants.
- Providing over 1,400 Armed Forces families with holidays.
- £40 million paid to injured personnel.
- Taking 10,000 Army recruits and thousands of school children annually on tours of First World War battlefields.
Further facts and figures associated with the Legion's work are:
- There are 2500 Legion branches worldwide.
- 360,000 members support the work we do.
- The Poppy Appeal distributes around 45 million poppies each year which are made at the Poppy Factory in Richmond, Surrey.
- 350,000 staff and volunteers organise our Poppy Appeal each year.
The members of Torrevieja Branch activity support the Legion philosophy and ethos thereby contributing to the above. Therefore if you would like to become a member of The Royal British Legion Torrevieja Branch and get involved in a wide range of activities and events held locally, regionally and nationally throughout the year then either:
- contact our Branch Secretary at the following link: email us
- if you wish join through the Legion webpage then please go to: