The details of the branch and club history are proving difficult to track down, but we will continue, in the meanwhile this is what we have discovered so far
Between the wars the branch met in an upstairs room in Quay Street in Tewkesbury.
The branch relocated to its current site in Church Street in 1952/53, in what used to be the Abbey School Room. (the site of the current main bar) through the efforts of a local solicitor Colonel Hattral. Colonel Hattral was also a member of the Abbey Trust and when the school room became vacant he facilitated the arrangement.
There was a pub adjacent, The Mason's Arms, and that is the current site of the back rooms. Some of the senior members remember getting served their drinks though a hatch. We do not know the exact date the pub closed and the club extended to its current size.
The first Chair, once the branch was in Church Street was Doctor House, and the Standard Bearer from 1950-52 was Ted Parsons. Cyril Page then became Standard Bearer until 1960 when the current incumbent Harry Robertson took over. Harry will be standing down after Remembrance week, having completed 50 years loyal service to The Legion.
If you have any further information to add, or know someone who does please do not hesitate to contact the club secretary Peter Godwin on 07747 623258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org