From sports-based rehabilitation courses and careers advice to dedicated care homes for older veterans, The Royal British Legion is here to ensure every member of the Armed Forces community receives the support they need.
We’ve been supporting Service men and women, veterans and their families since 1921.
And we’re not going anywhere.
Call our helpline: 0800 8028080 (8am - 8pm weekdays.)
Visit the main RBL site by clicking this link for full details of how to contact us and services that are provided.
Your local Welfare Team
Our fantastic welfare and case workers are headed up by Alan & Jane.
Their great work within the community include:
- Monthly visits to Mellish House
- House visits to ex service personnel and spouses
- Case work which can support people with grants for equipment, medical aids, housing modifications.
- Offer advice and assistance in job searches and courses
- Signpost people to specialist care such as stress and recovery centres.
- Our standard bearers attend funerals to honour serving & former service personnel.
They are the face of the Legion in our community with a friendly & compassionate attitude, who will listen and assist when needed.
TO THE MEMORY OF THE FALLEN AND THE FUTURE OF THE LIVING
The Royal British Legion provides lifelong support for the Armed Forces community - serving men and women, veterans, and their families