Welcome to the Huddersfield Branch of The Royal British Legion
The Huddersfield Branch of the Royal British Legion was first established in 1921 and for many years held their meetings at The Hanson Lane Centre, Lockwood. The branch closed in 2014 and the Standard was ‘laid up’ with all due honours at the town’s parish church on 12th January 2014.
However, the work of the Royal British Legion continued and a Poppy Committee was formed. But it was felt that a town of Huddersfield's size needed a full working branch. The wheels were set in motion and a new branch was formed in May 2015.
We now have a very good working branch, which meets regularly at The White Cross Inn on Bradley Road, and everyone is pulling together to raise funds so that we can support our ex forces and their dependants.
We are always looking for new members to join us and take part in the fun things we do - see our News and Events page.