Our Regional Welfare team is here to help. We are part of the Legion's extensive Poppy Support services. If you are serving, have served or are the dependent or carer of someone who has served in the UK's Armed Forces, then you are eligible for our help.
We can offer financial aid in an urgent crisis, help homeless ex-Service people get back on their feet, advise on compensation claims, offer careers advice for those looking to make a fresh start after leaving the Forces, arrange home or hospital visits and much more.
Please call 08457 725 725 (local rate) to see how they can help you.
Our Poppy Support welfare services fall into the following categories. Use the links to find out more information.
- Poppy Advice - advice on war pensions, compensation claims, benefits and money matters, careers for those leaving the Forces.
- Poppy Funds - emergency funding, assistance with loans for property repairs etc.
- Poppy Homes - our Poppy Homes around the country provide short and long-term care for ex-Service people and their dependants.
- Poppy Breaks - those who need a break can visit one of our four Poppy Break Centres, located in some of the country's most popular, traditional seaside resorts.
- Poppy Travel - specialists in Remembrance and battlefield tours worldwide, each designed as a relaxing and informative holiday. Customised tours can be arranged for groups and schools.
- Poppy Calls - a free dedicated handy person service to those unable to carry out small repairs and minor alterations in their own home.
- Poppy People - volunteers are vital to our organisation. You can join as a Poppy Collector, as a Caseworker, providing emotional support and practical assistance in your local community or a Hospital and Housebound Visitor.
Legionline for more support and advice can be found Here