In Fulbourn, the ex-Serviceman's Association was called Comrades
of the Great War, and in October 1919 it was reported that "a
successful dance was held by the members of Fulbourn Post
On 5th January 1921 a dinner was held for ex-servicemen
organised by Fulbourn Post of the Comrades at the Six Bells. Mr P
Hollman was in the chair, supported by the Rev C.F.Townley and 82
Nothing definite can be discovered about the precise time when
fulbourn changed over from being Comrades of the Great War to the
British Legion, but it must have been after July 1921, when the
last mention of the Comrades appears in the local papers and before
December of that year when it was reported that the "Committee of
the British Legion (Fulbourn Branch) are calling together all the
influential people of the village to start a scheme to alleviate
the distress caused by unemployment".
April 1922, Fulbourn was insrumental in the Big Push where
branches were formed in Cherry hinton, Balsham, Bottisham, Great
Wilbraham ans Six-Mile-Bottom.
Fulbourn Branch of The Royal British Legion celebrated its 90th
anniversary in 2011.
The history of Fulbourn & Teversham RBL is from a booklet
compiled by D.G.Crane.