imageName

History

Welcome to the East Grinstead Branch of The Royal British Legion

The East Grinstead Branch was formed in July 1921, and was one of the first branches to be formed.

At that time its HQ was in Cantelupe Road in what was known as 'The Tin Hut', but these premises, apart from being on the small side, were unlicenced and naturally efforts had to be made to provide premises with room for games and entertainment, also with facilities to provide refreshments.

In 1947 the present Headquarters and adjoining cottages were purchased and the present HQ and Ex-Services club were opened on the 7 June 1947.

Search our Knowledge base

for answers

Get in touch Launch live chat

8am to 8pm, all week

Call our helpline 0808 802 8080

8am to 8pm, all week

Find us locally Pop in for a chat

10am to 4pm, weekdays