The Poppy Appeal in the Dunmow & District Area
The Dunmow & District area raised an amazing £20,522.84 during this years Poppy Appeal, which is the highest total the Branch has raised.
This is a fantastic amount, and a big Thank You goes to all the people of Great Dunmow and surrounding villages who have been so generous once again.
Without our local volunteer collectors, this great cause - which helps thousands of ex-Service men and women every year - would grind to a halt.
Anyone interested in helping with our next Poppy Appeal should contact our Poppy Appeal Organiser at email@example.com. We are always looking for volunteers, so if you have a spare hour or two and would like to help with our door to door or static collections, (at local supermarkets), we would love to hear from you.
Did you know.....
The Poppy Appeal year runs from 1st October - 30th September, so money can be donated towards the appeal at any time. Although it is more likely that you will be familiar with our national fundraising initiative, which takes place in the run up to Armistice Day in November.
How can you help?
- You can become one of our Poppy Collectors during October / November.
- Join the Poppy Team - helping with behind the scenes preparation for the Poppy Appeal during October / November.
- If you are organising your own event throughout the year - we would be happy to supply you with one of our poppy shaped collection boxes for the day, so that donations could be made towards the Poppy Appeal.
- All year round boxes - if you are a business, club, or other organisation that has a secure place in which to display one of our poppy collection boxes throughout the year, then we would be happy to discuss this with you.
- Individual or group donations.
For more information about any of the above please email: firstname.lastname@example.org