History of The Royal British Legion, Claines Branch.
There had been a Legion Branch at Claines pre-war but today’s Claines Branch was founded in 1946. Members subsequently clubbed together to found their own social club – originally in an old wartime hut – which opened in 1948.
Today there are around 500 members at Claines and both Branch and Club continue to operate successfully after 70 years or so. The Branch HQ and Club building is an excellent facility in a residential area of Worcester. There is easy access and ample free car parking available for members and visitors and we are very much an integral part of the local community.
Claines Branch also administers two small sub-Branches: St John’s & Hallow and Ombersley & Doverdale in order that their members can continue to come together to serve the local ex-service community in their areas .