Aberdare Branch, lies in what was called the Cynon Valley approximately 20 miles north of the Welsh Capital Cardiff. The branch not only covers the town of Aberdare but also the outlying villages/areas of Abernant, Cwmdare, Trecynon, Robertstown, Landare, Gadlys and Llwycoed.
The branch itself was formed in 1923 and at that time had over 1000 members, this compared today to approximately 50 members.
The branch is fortunate to be custodian of a Cenotaph, this being unveiled on 9 March 1923, as well as being the custodian of our Cenotaph we are also the custodian of the War Memorial located in the park within Llwydcoed Village, and each November the Branch organises services at both locations.
Little is known apart from a photograph, but the branch established a band in 1931, with 40 members, we are at this time trying to investigate further information on when the band disbanded and who was involved (conductor Mr Reginald Davies)
In 1936, Aberdare and its Cenotaph was visited by King Edward VIII on 18 November (3 weeks later as we all know he abdicated the thrown)